Saturday 11 July 2009

Keeping up the old skills

Disgusted with the cricket, I retired to my shed, where I am building a dolls house for Kira, my youngest granddaughter, who is not yet three. I built one for the older two many years ago. That one has crossed the Atlantic twice! In a previous life, I built dozens of dolls houses - I earned a living at this with my friend Brian, who has long been promoted to glory.

This one is more challenging than the previous ones, because it has to come apart (not accidentally) to be flat-packed and taken on an aeroplane. All good fun.

We now have our first grandson, Isaiah. If I am going to maintain my excellent record for gender stereotyping, I must build him something like a fort or a garage, or both. However, he is only six months old so I have plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment